Last week’s CSA box had all the ingredients for a delicious fresh succotash: corn, tomatoes, sweet onions, and lima beans. Get to a farmer’s market this week and enjoy August, using this recipe from Bon Appetit, on Epicurious.
Succotash of Fresh Corn, Lima Beans, Tomatoes, and Onions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped red tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 1/4 cups corn kernels cut from 4 ears of corn (preferably 2 ears of white corn and 2 ears of yellow corn)
- 2 cups fresh lima beans (from about 2 pounds pods) or 10 to 11 ounces frozen lima beans or baby butter beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sprinkle with coarse salt. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, corn, and lima beans. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until corn and lima beans are tender and tomatoes are soft, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before continuing. Stir in basil and serve.